Small businesses have awesome potential in any community to make a great living and big impact on the local economy. But running a small business and competing against the larger companies isn’t a small task, so any initiative to help small businesses succeed is important.
Programs to assist small businesses to exist on several levels of both the public and private sectors and The Louisiana Hudson Initiative is one that every small business needs to consider.
What is The Louisiana Hudson Initiative?
The Louisiana Hudson Initiative is a certification program that is designed to help eligible businesses gain greater access to purchasing and contracting opportunities at the state level. In addition to your business information being available to state officials, agencies will be encouraged to obtain quotes from eligible small businesses for their projects.
This program provides immense opportunities for small businesses across all industries in Louisiana. Learn more about whether your business can take advantage of it.
Who is Eligible?
Unlike many small business programs, the Louisiana Hudson Initiative is open to all small businesses, across all industries in the state of Louisiana who meet these requirements:
- Principal Place of Business – The company must have its principal place of business in Louisiana.
- Employees – The company has fewer than 50 full-time employees.
- Average Annual Gross Receipts – Average annual gross receipts do not exceed $5 million for non-construction and $10 for construction companies.
- Independently Owned and Operated – The business is independently owned and operated.
- Not Dominant – The business is not dominant in its field.
- Louisiana Residency – Owned by persons domiciled in Louisiana.
- Citizenship – Owned by and has officers who are U.S. citizens or legal residents.
How to Get Started
To take advantage of the Louisiana Hudson Initiative, fill out the online application at www.ledsmallbiz.com.
Grow Your Small Business
You can rely on the professionals at Cabildo Staffing to help you take advantage of business opportunities and finding the best employees for your company’s success.