Before the COVID-19 pandemic, construction workers and managers already had to pay attention to safety concerns of every unique job. Now, there are even more safety precautions that must be considered to keep workers healthy.
General Safety Policies During COVID-19
This is a list of special considerations that companies should take during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In-person meetings should be limited. When possible, conduct meetings virtually. Managers can sign-in the names of workers in attendance, whether conducted virtually or in-person.
- Lunches and breaks should be staggered amongst employees to reduce the size of workers gathered to less than 10. This may be difficult for some projects, but managers should try to do this whenever possible.
- Whenever possible, workers should limit the number of tools and equipment shared. If tools and equipment must be shared, the company must provide alcohol-based wipes to clean the tools before and after each use. Check with all manufacturing guidelines for proper cleaning techniques and restrictions.
Personal Protective Equipment Considerations for COVID-19
In addition to the personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job, companies should provide additional PPE for workers to stay healthy and limit the chances of contracting COVID-19.
- Gloves – Workers should wear gloves at all times. The type of glove worn must be appropriate for the task at hand. If gloves are not required for that particular task, then any glove, including latex, can be worn as long as it can be completed safely. Encourage your workers to avoid sharing these gloves.
- Eye Protection – Eye protection should be worn at all times while the workers are on-site.
Hire the Best Workers for Your Summer & Fall Seasons
Looking to build up your staff for summer and fall projects? Contact Cabildo Staffing to help you find the right workers for every job.